1. What type of guitar must be used for this contest?
You may use any type of guitar (Acoustic Steel String, Classical Nylon String, Electric Guitar, etc) that you think suits the piece of music.
2. Can I add layers of chords, arpeggios, synths, percussion, etc to make it sound better?
You are free to add any instrument/layer on the basic elements needed in the audio (Melody & Chords). The video must contain at least 2 screens, with one being the video of you playing the Melody & the other one with the Chords. You may also include more than two screens if you wish to showcase the other elements/layers used in your track if any.
3. Can I improvise the given piece of music to make it sound better?
Yes. You definitely can show the best of your skills & creativity to stand a higher chance of winning. But remember that the final judegment will be based on how it sounds, more than the techniques involved. As long as your improvisation perfectly fits the piece of music, you’re good to go.
4. Can non-guitarists take part in the contest?
No. This contest is particularly for guitarists. We hope to conduct more contests in the future for other instruments.
5. I don’t live in India. Can I take part in the contest?
You may take part in the contest but you need to have a shipping address in India to claim the prizes. However, you’ll be eligible for the participation prizes and E-Certificate as these are distributed online.
6. What is the last date to submit my entry for the contest?
You can submit your entry on or before 30th May, 2021.
7. Where can I find the TABS or any supporting material for this contest?
You can get the TABS & other supporting material HERE.
8. What if I fail to follow one or more of the competition rules?
As obvious as it seems, you will be disqualified. However, if you realize that before the competition ends, you can re-submit your entry with the necessary corrections.
9. Where should I submit my video?
The video must be uploaded both on Facebook & Instagram with the tags @gssmusicschool, @procraftindia & @kepmaguitars. The #GOTguitarcontest hashtag must also be included in the posts.
10. What if I don’t tag @gssmusicschool, @procraftindia & @kepmaguitars or use the hashtag #GOTguitarcontest?
If you fail to tag us or use the mentioned hashtag, your entry will not be considered valid and you will not be eligible for any of the prizes.
11. I don’t use Facebook/Instagram. Will I be able to take part?
If you don’t have an account on Facebook/Instagram, you need to create one and submit your entry. Participants below 18 years of age may use their parents’ or siblings’ accounts to post their videos. Submissions sent via email or WhatsApp will not be considered valid.
12. I don’t know how audio & video recording/editing works. Will I be able to take part?
You can find infinite resources on the web on how to record/edit audio & video. You need to do your own research and give your best shot with the resources you have. Please go through the “TIPS to achieve better audio & video quality” section to get some useful information on recording/editing audio & video.
13. I don’t know how to read TABS. Will I be able to take part?
You can go through our Technical Guide HERE to understand how to read TABS & use Guitar Pro software.
14. I don’t have good guitar or recording equipment. Will I be able to take part?
Yes. The minimum requirement for the contest is a guitar and an audio/video recording device. A smartphone should be sufficient for audio/video recording & editing. However, we recommend using professional audio/video devices to achieve the best results. Please go through the “TIPS to achieve better audio & video quality” section to get some useful information on recording/editing audio & video.
15. What apps can be used to open the given .gp5 (Guitar Pro) file?
The following apps can be used based on the OS:
– Guitar Pro 5 (Windows)
– Guitar Pro 7 (Mac)
– Guitar Tab (Android)
– Mulody Guitar (iOS)
– TEFpad (iOS)
16. I’m a beginner at guitar. Will I be able to take part?
If you’re smart enough to learn the given piece of music with the provided information & resources, you definitely can. We’ve included all the required details on this page for guitarists of any level to take part. You may need to do some research on audio/video recording & editing if you’re not familiar with it. You can go through the “CONTEST GUIDELINES” & “TIPS to achieve better audio & video quality” sections to get some useful information on recording/editing audio & video.
17. Can I group with my friend(s) and take part as a group?
No. This contest is only for individual participants.
18. When will the winner be announced?
The winner will be announced on the same page as well as on our Facebook & Instagram pages on 8th June, 2021.
19. How can the winner of the contest claim the prize (Kepma A1C Guitar)?
We’ll contact the winner for shipping information and the guitar will be shipped by Procraft India (Diamond sponsor of the event).
20. Is the guitar bag provided with the Kepma A1C guitar?
Yes. Kepma bag, allen key & plectrum will be provided along with the Kepma A1C guitar.
21. How can the top 5 performers claim their prizes?
If you are amongst the top 5 performers, we’ll get in touch with you for the shipping information and courier the prizes at the earliest (Delivery time may be delayed due to the COVID situation).
22. How can the participants claim the participation prize & E-Certificate?
All the participants will receive the E-Certificate & participation prizes on their registered email id.
23. Should the audio and video be recorded at once or recorded separately?
For best results, it’s recommended to record the audio first and then shoot the video while playing along with the recorded audio.
24. Can I perform my own version of Game of Thrones Soundtrack for this contest?
The Melody & Chords must be played as indicated in the TABS and it must be included in the audio and video. However, you may improvise the melody and chords, change the playing position or add layers of fingerstyle guitar, synths, percussion, etc. on the basic required elements (Melody & Chords).