The advanced level of instrumental learning courses is a top-tier course that is both performance and evaluation based. This level of learning requires an in-depth understanding and evaluation of music by the students. Needless to say, ascending to this level from the intermediate level requires a pass from the skill test that will be devised by the faculty for students. Apart from learning advanced and complex music, the advanced level goes a step further to train the students to be the best performers that aid them to be professional musicians in the future and further help them compose, record & produce their own music.
Advanced Level Curriculum:
Mastery and Specialization
- In-depth study of complex taals, including Tilwada, Jhaptaal, and other rare taals.
- Mastery of advanced compositions and kaidas.
- Advanced layakari and tihai techniques.
- Exploration of regional and traditional styles (e.g., Benares, Punjab, etc.).
- Specialization in a particular gharana (school) of tabla playing.
Advanced Techniques and Fusion
- Developing the ability to collaborate with other musicians, such as vocalists, instrumentalists, and dancers.
- Fusion and experimentation with different musical genres.
- Advanced improvisation techniques.
- Research and exploration of traditional and contemporary compositions.
Performance and Guru Guidance
- Regular performances in front of an audience or with established musicians.
- Seeking guidance from a guru (master) for further refinement.
- Recording and documenting personal compositions and progress.
- Continual practice and mastery of the tabla.